Gov. Abbott said donations would pay for migrant buses, but they only covered 1% of cost
After Gov. Greg Abbott boasted that private citizens would step up to fund his controversial program to bus migrants to sanctuary cities, a new CNN report shows that donations have paid for less than 1% of the total cost. CNN reports that private donations have only covered $550,000 of the $150 million Texas has so far spent dumping migrants in cities including New York, Chicago and Washington, D.C. The rest of the $1,500-per-person cost of transporting 100,000 asylum seekers to other locations has fallen on Texas taxpayers. Abbott, a Republican, initiated the donation program roughly two years ago, announcing there would “be no cost to the state” because his office was "overwhelmed" by an outpouring of support from ordinary citizens around the country.
Recent Posts

San Antonio nonprofit SNIPSA hosting puppy and kitten speed-dating event Saturday

Lt. Gov Dan Patrick says Texas is ‘coming for the books’ in public school libraries

Overtime Theater’s High Tea at Medusa’s Court offers unlikely mix of characters

Hearing for temporary restraining order on Big Bend border construction to take place in San Antonio

San Antonio City Council will vote Thursday on renaming César E. Chávez Boulevard

Councilwoman Phyllis Viagran faces hecklers over her opposition to public vote on Spurs arena

Gov. Abbott proposes ban on H-1B visa use for Texas public schools during campaign stop

ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard dies at age 77

‘Faux Pause’: Why Greg Abbott’s data center ‘crackdown’ looks a lot like election-year theater

Faux Pause: Why Greg Abbott’s data center ‘crackdown’ looks a lot like election-year theater

"My job is to find and attract mastery-based agents to the office, protect the culture, and make sure everyone is happy! "
